Conscious Sedation – Crystal River, FL
Enjoy Stress-free, Comfortable Dental Care
If your palms sweat when it’s time to visit your dentist, or you need a procedure, you can sit back and relax with oral conscious sedation. It’s an excellent option for patients who need a little more than what’s achieved with nitrous oxide, but not quite the effects of an IV sedative. By taking a small pill before your appointment, it can help calm your anxieties and provide a pain-free experience. Not sure if it’s the right option for you? Dr. Schnell will create a customized treatment plan, so you can enjoy your time in our office while reaching your oral health goals.
Why Choose Signature Dental Care, PA for Oral Sedation?
- Specially trained in sedation dentistry.
- Personalized treatment plan for each patient.
- Compassionate care you can trust.
What is Oral Sedation?
Oral sedation involves a conscious sedative in pill form to create a comfortable dental experience. Generally, most healthy adults are candidates for sedation dentistry; however, you’ll require a thorough consultation with your dentist to ensure it’s the right treatment for you.
What is Conscious Sedation?
Many patients fear sedation dentistry because they aren’t comfortable with being unconscious; however, this isn’t a concern with modern sedation. Oral sedation allows you to remain conscious to respond to our verbal cues, but you won’t feel any pain or discomfort. Instead, you’ll reach a deep level of relaxation to the point you may even fall asleep but can be awakened easily. You won’t be aware of the sights, sounds, or smells of the office to ease any apprehensions. You may not even remember your appointment because conscious sedation can have an amnesic effect.
While the medication takes effect quickly, it can take a few hours for it to dissipate, so you’ll need a friend or loved one to take you to and from your appointment. You’ll also need to spend the remainder of the day resting until you’re feeling yourself again.
Is Oral Sedation Right for Me?
Oral sedation can help resolve several issues to make your time in the dental chair more enjoyable. You’ll still need a thorough consultation; however, most healthy adults are candidates for conscious sedation if:
- You have anxiety or phobias about visiting the dentist.
- You don’t like the sights, sounds, or smells of the office.
- You delay treatments because you’re worried about pain.
- You have difficulty getting numb.
- You need an invasive or complex treatment.
- You need multiple procedures.
- You have a strong gag reflex.
- You struggle with jaw pain.
- You have difficulty keeping your mouth open.
- You need wisdom tooth removal.
- You have sensitive teeth.
- You have back or neck pain.
- You’re fearful of needles.
Sit Back and Relax
You don’t need to let the fear of a painful dental appointment deter you from seeing your dentist. We can help you relax with oral conscious sedation. If you have any questions or you’re ready to schedule your consultation, contact our office today. We look forward to helping you conquer your fears while achieving the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.