Dental Crowns – Crystal River, FL
Repair Damaged Teeth Without Making Them Stand Out
Having a damaged tooth can be uncomfortable and result in additional oral health problems down the road if the issue is left unaddressed. Dr. Lisa Schnell offers customized dental crowns in Crystal River that allow you to comfortably smile, laugh, and eat without experiencing dental sensitivity, toothaches, or be self-conscious about the appearance of your repaired tooth. Using high-quality and natural-looking dental materials, your dental crown can continue protecting your teeth for years to come, preserving your natural tooth and getting your oral health back on track. If you’d like to learn how restoring your tooth can help you, contact our office to schedule a consultation today!
Why Choose Signature Dental Care, PA For Dental Crowns?
- Natural-Looking Dental Crowns
- Experienced Restorative Dentist
- No Wait Time
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are cap-shaped restorations that are custom-made to fit over the visible portion of damaged teeth to protect them and restore their natural function. They can be made from a variety of materials, but most patients prefer them crafted from natural-looking substances such as porcelain and ceramic. Not only are these materials strong, but they’re also able to mimic the look of natural tooth enamel by reflecting light. This allows them to flawlessly incorporate with the rest of your smile without drawing attention to your damaged tooth.
Crowns are permanently secured to your prepared natural tooth to protect it from bacteria and further harm. They’re able to prevent the formation of tooth infections, dental sensitivity, and other oral health problems that can result in the need for a tooth extraction.
Needs For Dental Crowns
Many patients aren’t aware of how versatile dental crowns are. They can treat a wide array of problems, including some of the following:
- Severe Dental Decay: If a dental filling is too large to securely restore a decayed tooth, a crown can be placed over it to protect the inner chamber from infection.
- Trauma: Teeth that are severely broken can be strengthened and protected with dental crowns.
- Root Canal Therapy: After a root canal procedure, the treated tooth can be protected from further damage with a crown.
- Fixed Bridges: Dental crowns can be placed on either side of artificial teeth to fill a gap caused by one or more missing teeth.
After your dentist in Crystal River, Dr. Schnell, examines your mouth, she’ll diagnose the problem and let you know whether a dental crown is the best possible solution for you.
The Dental Crown Procedure
The process of getting a dental crown typically takes place over two appointments with Dr. Schnell and can be broken down into the following stages:
- Preparation of the damaged tooth by removing a small portion of the outer-layer of it to accommodate the thickness of the crown.
- Acquiring impressions of the tooth to craft a model of your permanent crown from.
- Placing a temporary crown on the prepared tooth while the permanent one is being made.
- Cementing and polishing the permanent crown.
Making Dental Crowns Last
Taking care of your dental crown is relatively easy. As soon as your procedure is over, our team will let you know whether there’s any special maintenance instructions that you’ll need to follow. Although your crown itself can’t get a cavity, it’s still important to take care of it because your natural tooth underneath can become vulnerable if it isn’t. Here are some tips to extend the lifespan of your restoration:
- Keep up with your dental hygiene routine.
- Avoid chewy, sticky, and hard foods that could damage your crown.
- Visit Dr. Schnell for semi-annual checkups and cleanings.
- Maintain a nutritious diet.
- Quit bad oral habits such as smoking.
If you have any questions or concerns after getting your dental crown, don’t hesitate to contact our office. Our team will be glad to address them for you!